Limoneira's 12 Days of Citrus: Surprising Ways to Use Citrus Fruits to Give the Holidays an Unexpected Twist
From cooking to cleaning to self-care, citrus fruits are a versatile asset during the holiday season - and at their peak during winter months
“Available and affordable year round at your nearest grocery store,
citrus fruits have long played a role in holiday traditions, from hiding
oranges in Christmas stockings to warming up with a hot toddy - and for
good reason!” said
Citrus fruits aren’t just a delicious ingredient for cooking: their bright color, fresh scent and health benefits make them a versatile addition to many holiday traditions. Here are 12 surprising ways to use citrus this year:
- Give the traditional holiday wreath a whole new meaning and surprise dinner guests with this festive, citrus-packed Holiday Citrus Wreath. Edible décor anyone?
- Move aside, boring sugar cookies. These Brown Sugar Lemon Mascarpone Muffins are what Santa is really looking for.
- Add lemon to your water or tea to fight the holiday flu, sooth a sore throat or cure a range of other cold-weather ailments.
- See your chapped lips disappear by mixing a teaspoon each of cream, lemon juice and honey and rub it onto your lips.
Leave that leftover
Thanksgivingturkey in the fridge too long? Place half a lemon in your fridge to help control and eliminate unpleasant smells.
- Get your home ready for company (and clean up after them!) with these all-natural cleaning tips, from polishing copper to making your dishes squeaky clean and lemon-y fresh.
- Get crafty and cozy with this DIY citrus garland tutorial.
- Warm up with a classic hot toddy or entertain your guests with this grapefruit Negroni.
- Lighten up (and brush the snow off the grill!) with this Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad.
- Fuel your chilly day holiday movie marathon with Chili Lime Popcorn – just add a dash of chili powder, cumin, salt and lime zest to your favorite popcorn.
- Stay hydrated and keep off those extra pounds with lemon water.
- Can’t get enough holiday tips? Find hundreds more here.
John Chamberlain, 805-525-5541 ext. 1056
Director of Marketing